Quotes of the day

Quotes of the day...

“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us”~ Alexander Graham Bell ~

Friday 28 October 2011

Yummeh! : I ♥ Tasty Foodies

Since it was Diwali (or Deepavali ) yesterday, all I can think of is 'eating' yummy food. There's so many food & places out there that I can think of but here are some of my personal favourites (in Klang Valley).


1. Banana Leaf 
      Place : Sri Nirwana Maju Banana Leaf,
                 Jalan Telawi 3,Bangsar (next to Ambank)

This place is so packed with people any time of the day & night especially during lunch hour. Loves the curry (you might wanna try out their vege curry too) and probably the best deep-fried gourd in town. And their teh tarik is heaven!!! I can drink 3 glasses of that. *syiokk*


2. Nasi Kandar
      Place : Restoran Kudu bin Abdul  
                 Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman
                 (corner lot, near Tune Hotels)

I may not be a huge fan of nasi Kandar but since my hubby's bloodline is from Penang, he asked me to try out and I fell in love with it the moment I ate it. The taste is consistent and everything is complete. You'll see a lot of people queuing up but it is worth a wait. Trust me it won't disappoint you. *drool*


3. Char Koay Teow 
      Place : Mali's Corner
                 Platinum Walk, Danau Kota
                 (next to Tutti Frutti, nearby Festival City)

This is my favourite! I used to search high and low for the best char koay teow in town but this is probably one of the best I've had (since the one I like near Wangsa Maju LRT is gone!) The prawn is large & fresh and you can order small or large plate. Previously they had a stall at Taman TAR (near TAR college) but they moved out to a bigger place and occupied two shop lots. This too had many people queuing up (just think of McDonald's with a twist - a local fast food version instead) *HAHA*. Their nasi lemak and drinks are great too. Go and check it out!


4. Nasi Lemak 
      Place : Village Park Restaurant
                 Damansara Uptown PJ  

Well it's not Nasi Lemak 2.0 but this Nasi Lemak was introduced by my colleagues and it taste superb! What I love about this nasi lemak is the crispy and tender chicken, cooked with herbs and spices. The sambal is slightly sweet but you can choose to have a plain nasi lemak or you can add on chicken rendang, beef, squids, or kerang (cockles). My fav would be nasi lemak with fried chicken. Although it's a bit pricey-RM7.00 for a plate, I can asure you that you'll be satisfied coz' the fried chicken are huge!



5. Nasi Ayam 
      Place : Nasi Ayam Hainan Chee Meng
                 Jalan Bukit Bintang  

This Nasi Ayam is soooo very well known even the famous people & royalty have been here. I would say their specialties is the sambal and soup (they put peanuts in it). Try out their two types of chicken – either roasted or steamed. Oowh and btw it's 'HALAL'! :)





6. Ayam Bakar/Ayam Penyet  
      Place : Ayam Bakar Wong Solo
                 Taman Dagang, Ampang

If you love chicken barbeque, this is the one to die for. Originally from Medan, Indonesia this yummy dish came in a la carte or in set. The chicken is marinated to perfection and it came with rice, fried tempe, fried tofu, raw cucumber, long beans, salad, spicy brinjal and walla = PERFECTION! You can try out some other favourites on the menu like ayam penyet, gado-gado, pecel lele (deepfried catfish ) or even order a drink called Polygamy Juice! HAHA!!



7. Sate or Satay 
      Place : Sate Sri Melaka
      AU5, Keramat (@ medan selera near Petronas) 

Malaysian's popular and all time favourite! The satay's were delicious, chunky and juicy. Served with a spicy peanut sauce, onions, cucumbers, and ketupat (rice cakes). This stall is always crowded with people and since it is located at medan selera you can also opt for other things like len chee kang, nasi goreng, asam laksa etc.



8. Chicken Chop 
      Place : Cozy House Ampang Park &
                 Cozy Corner Great Easten Mall  

You may have other opinion or fav about this dish but my personal choice would be from this restaurants. The chicken fillet is crispy and huge, generous amount of gravy and chips makes me coming back for this. *my hub's drooling over this* :D




9. Yong Tau Foo 
       Place : Hometown Yong Tau Foo
                  (near Ampang Point)

Whenever I'm sick or want something soupy, I'll always think of this soupy yong tau foo. Basically you can choose from fried fish cakes, char koay, fried soi kow, ladies finger and many others. Another personal fav is from the night market Taman Melawati. This uncle has been selling this for a looooong time. You'll know which stall i'm talking about if you saw a long line up of plastic basin and people queuing. The kuah or 'gravy' is so yummeh!



10. Biryani 
         Place : Ruz Aladdin Ampang and
                    JM Bariani Wangsa Maju
                
I'm not sure whether it is "Biryani" (or "Briyani" or "Bariani" as locals call it). And since I'm from Johor, this is something I'm familiar and grew up with. The Johorean might know the infamous Batu Pahat Biryani Gam (must try if you go to BP, Johor) but the one from these restaurants are also worth a try. I love lamb biryani but you can try out either chicken, mutton or beef biryani.



11. Tandoori 
          Place : Arumugam Tandoori & Naan
                    (opposite Ampang Point)  

My late mom & family's personal fav. The tandoori were juicy and well cooked. Not sure how to describe this. It's different from other tandoori I've tasted before. Don't forget to order their Naan (dip it with the mint sauce- it's awesome). You gotta try it yourself. This stall is always packed during dinner time until late night. This is recommended and a must try!



Writing about all these makes me even more hungry. And one of the best things about Malaysia is the fact that you can easily find any of these food stated above...anytime...anywhere...24 hours a day.

That is why I ♥ Malaysia. There's varieties of delicious food here and I'm thankful and proud to be one.
Hmmmm should I say 'Malaysia Truly Asia' *cliche eh*
-____-

 Happy tummy.... :D


This video with Michael Groban in it is way too cute!

*Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here is entirely 100% based on my personal (& hubby's) tastebuds and may vary from others. I do not receive any monetary or non-monetary compensation from any of the restaurants for writing this review


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...